Jobs: Front of House
Front of House
Hackney Downs Studios is a 24-hour building that offers creative studio space to over 100 artists and businesses. As full-time Front of House you will be the first point of contact for residents and visitors, so excellent customer service skills are a must.
This is an ideal role for someone who enjoys working in a social, customer-facing role and who has the ability to maintain a relaxed and friendly manner in busy moments or when faced with difficult situations. You will be supported by the Studios Management team but will have regular contact with all staff, providing administrative support when necessary.
The normal working hours are 10am - 7pm with 1 hour for lunch. You will occasionally be required to work some overtime, start from 8:45am or work at other Eat Work Art sites in London.
Key responsibilities include:
- Welcome guests and residents to the building.
- Be available to assist with enquiries and requests from residents.
- Respond to studio enquiries either by phone, email or face to face and book in viewings using the calendar.
- Regularly update residents, via email and face to face, with significant information and news.
- Contact residents by phone or email if they need to be contacted for any reason, eg. Post, fly tipping, client visit, parking.
- File and process documents and contracts.
- Help the team to organise resident events.
- Check that the web content is up to date and advise the relevant department of any changes that need to be made.
- List new adverts for studios and regularly update the Gumtree adverts.
- Order office stationery and cleaning supplies.
- Manage the flow of incoming and outgoing post, inform residents and staff when deliveries have arrived.
- Keep a running log of all keys, ensuring that any taken are returned.
- Prepare a handover document each day for the security team who takeover in the evening.
- Sorting all incoming and outgoing post.
- Deal with any issues as they arise and/or forward issues to the relevant person promptly.
- Deliver fruit and milk to the studios.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced, customer facing environment.
- A friendly and approachable manner, able to understand the needs of our residents and respond to them appropriately.
- Able to communicate effectively face to face and via email/phone, a good standard of English comprehension is essential.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Impeccable personal presentation. You will be encouraged to express your own personal style with an acute awareness of the professionalism required by this public facing role
Desirable Experience and Skills
- An interest in creative fields.
- Previous experience working in a Front of House role.
Salary: £18,500 - £20,000
Start Date: ASAP